Thursday, May 20, 2010

Summer...

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. ~Author Unknown




When do you KNOW its summer? When you have to wear sunscreen? When go swimming? When you get out of school?

I know its summer when I hear the mosquito truck. (You know the one that goes around spraying mosquito spray?) Its not something most people think about when they think of summer, but when I hear that truck I KNOW its summer.

Webster defines summer like this: the season between spring and autumn comprising in the northern hemisphere usually the months of June, July, and August or as reckoned astronomically extending from the June solstice to the September equinox

I define summer like this: hot, mosquitoes, Off (bug spray), hot dogs, bonfires, ocean water, camp, laughter, bees, flowers, swimming pools, baseball, ice cream, mission trip, sunshine, bathing suits, steak, sunscreen, water hoses, dresses, sprinklers, firecracker Popsicles, bike rides, beach cottage, lemonade, flip-flops, hammocks, friends, fireworks, tans, shorts, sunsets, flowers, my family.

That's my definition of summer.

Darria :)

1 comment:

  1. I like it! In your description of Summer you left out unfinished school projects..."hug"

    ReplyDelete