Thursday, May 3, 2012

1 Timothy 4:12

1 Timothy 4:12 says,  "Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity." 

God knows we are going to judged by those older than us. He knows that we are going to be questioned. That our motives will be twisted. The Lord saw that. He has been there. He was young once. And people questioned Him. 

I almost think its harder for young Christians than it is for those that are older. 

Now mind you, I've never been older than sixteen. I'm not claiming to know how it is to be 35 or 75 or even 17. I'm just writing from where I am, what I've seen, and what I've heard. 

But back to the topic of it being harder for young Christians than older ones. Not only do we deal with the same non-believers that plague those of all ages, but we have the unfortunate problem of dealing with Christians as well! People just don't take teenagers seriously. 

This isn't directed at everyone. I realize that many people respect and look past the age difference. Some don't though. And that can damage someones faith. When those that taught the faith to them don't believe in them. It hurts. 

Every person is different. I realize that most kids my age aren't after what is good and pure. But there are those that are. And they one day will dominate the population. Don't beat them down. 

On the other hand, teens, we need to be someone that people will respect. Have the fire that can ignite a room. But don't forget to be an example. Keep your speech pleasing to God. Be upright in the way you live. Love everyone like they are God's precious child with an unforgettable story, because they are and they do. Have a faith that moves mountains, that removes the obstacles through prayer and hope. And be pure. Pure in everything you do. Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young. 

No comments:

Post a Comment