Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What I'm all about...

If anyone is wondering how I got the name "Heaven is Gain," I will tell you right now. I am a big fan of the smell of Gain Original Fresh. Not Gain Spring Lavender or any other kind. I like to keep things old school with the ORIGINAL scent. I am known to run down the detergent aisles at Wal-Mart in search of my beloved Gain. If they come out with a perfume that smells like Gain, you can bet your bottom dollar, I will be first in line to buy it.
I'm also a Christian. I love Jesus with everything that I have in me! So its kinda a play on words...Heaven is Gain (like the detergent) and Heaven is gain (like gaining eternal life). Get it? If you don't that's ok. I'm not going to sue you. Or chase you down with german shepherds. Or lick all your silverware. Or spit in your milk...
Now for me. I'm gonna tell you about me. My name is Darria (it's pronounced DARE-E-UH). Lots of people mispronounce my name. It doesn't really bother me. But I thought that if you are going to be reading this blog, you should know how to pronounce my name. Anyways...I have a brother named Anderson who is eleven and a sister named Finley who is eight. I love them to death! My mom's name is Faith and my dad's name is Andy. Again, I love them. Wouldn't trade 'em for all the boxes of Gain in the world! I love to sing and read. My favorite author is Jenny B. Jones. She is absolutely hilarious! I don't really have a favorite singer/band...I like pretty much all types of music so its kinda hard to choose just one...and if I named them all, we would be sitting here till the cows came home (I don't know where the cows have been).
I guess that's enough for now...

3 comments:

  1. I just randomly check out your blog and you're talking about me! WOW! Thanks for the compliment. I have a book w/a Finley (not out yet). And I'm old school when it comes to Gain too. None of that fancy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post cracks me up!! You are hilarious.. I wish I had a friend as funny as you... Oh wait I do! :) I'm so physced for your next posts! I can't wait to read them! Ah gain detergent... I love smelling that stuff. Basically I love sniffing everything that can be sniffed. Perfumes, deodorants, candles, and of course the ever famous detergent. Nothing illegal though. I go to church. We know thats wrong. I also share your passionate love for Jenny Jones, all kinds of music, and reading... I think we are long lost sisters! Scratch that.. I KNOW we are long lost sisters. And I've known it since the good ole days. DARE-E-UH I'm so glad you started this! Post more soon my bestfriend!! Oh and the cows have been in my front yard... tell them to get on home! They're messing up the grass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, You deserve it! You are a great author! My sister was very excited about your "Finley"..... :)

    ReplyDelete